Monday, November 13, 2006

In Rememberance




Yesterday I was proud to represent the people of Edgware, together with my colleagues Cllr Helena Hart, Cllr Hugh Rayner and Cllr Brian Gordon, at 2 rememberance services. Firstly, I attended the Royal British Legion service at the memorial on Edgware High Street. This was followed by the Edgware Association of Ex Jewish Service Men and Woman service at Edgware United Synagogue.

At this time it is particularly important to remember the important work that are armed services have done in the past and currently do. I was therefore upset to read that this year in London the poppy appeal is expected to collect £1 million less than in the past due to a shortage of collectors. I therefore encourage you to visit the Royal British Legion website to make a donation on-line.

No comments: