Thursday, November 20, 2008

New Life for Edgware's Railway Pub



This week at the Planning Committee I was pleased to support the planning application, which gave permission to convert the Railway Pub in Edgware into a new hotel.


This 1930's listed building which opened as a pub at the same time as the tube station opened, has become a landmark for Edgware. However, in recent years the building has been empty as the pub shut down a number of years ago. I am therefore pleased that the pub will soon reopen together with the hotel and will be improved so that it continues to be an important building in Edgware.

1 comment:

DMCUK said...

Richard! It's Dan Mellins-Cohen (yes, the -Cohen is relatively new!) I was just looking to see if there was any detail on why the poor old Railway is still derelict while on the 79 and saw your post. If this was from 2008 what happened? I'd love to have seen that place restored, even if I'm not an Edgwarian anymore.

Hope all's good with you,

-Dan.